Heffalumps

Sometimes, when I get an idea for a new pattern, the title and the layout jump into my head fully formed. So it was with the Heffalumps. I saw in my head what I wanted to do.

https://squareup.com/store/bykaymackenzie 

Once I got the heffalumps drawn, I thought about fabric choices. Aha! I had precious hand-dyes left over from a piecing project. I pulled them out, and it was full steam ahead.

 In choosing the colors, I did a primitive mockup on the design wall with chunks of fabric.



I think I changed one ear.

I'm mighty pleased with how the heffalumps came out, with a smile for A.A. Milne, and they've been a big hit so far. The pattern is available over on my website.


Cheers,
Kay
By Kay Mackenzie
Kay's Etsy Shop

http://www.myquiltinfatuation.com/p/needle-and-thread-thursday.html


5 comments:

  1. And darling Heffalumps at that. Great pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An adorable quilt and pattern. I've been itching to make an elephant quilt for some time now. I'll give it a whirl....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your heffalumps are so so cute! I love them to pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much everyone! Thanks for visiting!!

    ReplyDelete