Buttons have been sneaking up on me

I've been a quilter for over 25 years, enjoying appliqué from the start. Like most quilters, I've always had a small collection of buttons stashed away here and there. Then I started making button magnets, and it was the beginning of the end of my small button collection and the beginning of the beginning of my great big button collection!

I started shopping on Etsy and eBay, scouting the shelves of thrift stores, stopping at garage sales, and offering to take them off the hands of anyone wanting to destash.


Button Magnet Set by Kay MAckenzie 

I call this magnet set "New and Old Mix" because I combined vintage plastic buttons with modern accent buttons to create this exceedingly cute multicolor group.

Working with buttons satisfies in a lot of the same ways as working with fabric... combining color and texture, fitting things together, and enjoying the unique creations that emerge.

Fortunately, my fabric and my buttons coexist happily in my little studio. I've never come in to find the aftermath of a turf war :).

Until next time,
Kay
By Kay Mackenzie
Kay's Etsy Shop



No comments:

Post a Comment