I can piece too!

About 99% of my designs are appliqué. When I took my beginning quilting class over 25 years ago, appliqué was all part of the deal, and it turned out I was a happy appliquér from the get-go.

But I can piece when I want to! Witness my very latest pattern.

https://www.etsy.com/kaymackenziedesigns/listing/536113421

Buttonton Square is put out by Cut Loose Press, a division of Checker Distributors. CLP takes a new approach to pattern publishing... it puts out unique, affordable quilt and project patterns geared toward beginning and intermediate quilters. Each pattern, printed both sides on one 8½x11 page of heavy duty cardstock, also introduces quilters to new tools and notions that will help them with their project and with their quilting in general.

I had a blast making this classic design using the good old-fashioned square-in-square block. I used Civil War-type fabrics together with shirtings for this version, but it would look great in any number of other fabric choices. And since I've been mini-obsessed with buttons lately, I added light ones on the colored fabrics and colored ones on the light fabrics. It was a lot of fun.

What made this project even nicer to construct was that I used a specialty tool to make the blocks, the Creative Grids Square On Square Trim Tool. It was such a relief when all the blocks came out the same size and with no points chopped off.

https://www.etsy.com/kaymackenziedesings/listing/536122065/

The pattern and the ruler are both available in my Etsy shop, as well as the "antique white" buttons that I used, and some embroidery needles for sewing on the buttons with embroidery thread.

Thanks for your visit!
Until next time!
Kay
By Kay Mackenzie
Kay's Etsy Shop

No comments:

Post a Comment