The Classic Dresden Plate

Twenty-five years ago when I took my beginning quilting class, one of the blocks we made was a Dresden Plate. We pieced the blades together and then tucked the edges under and appliquéd them to the background square. I told my teacher that it was my favorite block out of all the ones that we made, and she said, "You just might be an appliqué person." I don't know whether she shaped my destiny that day, but it turned out to be so true! And the Dresden Plate remains one of my favorite quilt blocks of all time.

I made this pattern so that it can be stitched either by hand or by machine. The tips included refer to hand appliqué, but there's also information on how to convert it to fusible.
The pattern's available in my Etsy shop, or on my website either one. The links are just below.

Happy stitching!
Kay
By Kay Mackenzie
Kay's Etsy Shop

No comments:

Post a Comment